Always an Adventure

My attempt at keeping friends and family informed about my doings . . . boring or exciting, it will all be here!

Friday, August 25, 2006

Fishing in Unalakleet

I've been back in Unalakleet for about 3 weeks now. One week of training, one week of meetings and prep and one week with the kids! School has started off well, a little less stressful than last year, but not without the common stresses that come with teaching.

As for the fun stuff :) The weather has been on the cool side, and raining quite a bit. But we were all in for a great surprise when Saturday ended up being one of the most fantastic days I've seen all summer/fall. Bright blue skies, no wind and warm sunshine beating down. I was lucky enough to get the chance to go fishing with another teacher and her husband. The fishing was great on the North Fork of the Unalakleet River. We caught our limit (12) fairly quickly and I've now got plenty in my freezer for at least a few meals :) Here are a few pictures of the adventure.

Happy fall!

On the North Fork


Sue and Kerry, cleaning fish

One of the smaller specimen caught that day.

Coming into the mighty Unalakleet dock

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home