Always an Adventure

My attempt at keeping friends and family informed about my doings . . . boring or exciting, it will all be here!

Monday, November 03, 2008

No more Diomede post to read?!?

So I've had so many of you heckling me to update the blog, I thought I better do it before I had a mob on my hands....
Let's see 8 weeks of living... did some more traveling across AK, traveled to Fairbanks for training and some fun, went back to UNK for 9 days straight (the longest stretch I will be in my house the entire year), and am on the road once again :)

Pictures of Karis and I skiing in UNK... nice to get the skis out and get the body moving.


(yogic-skiing anyone?!?)





Some interesting vantage points in Brevig Mission this past visit...




Halloween in Brevig....




...it's a good time to hunt seal....















(the ribbon seal is fairly rare... I saw two out of nearly 50 seals)











Shishmaref with some snow and lots of forming ice... the ocean wasn't frozen yet, but it's getting closer...



The ocean is a massive, rolling slushy of sorts...

3 Comments:

  • At 7:26 AM , Blogger Karis said...

    Cool post! Thanks for the new reading material. :) Hope you are enjoying yourself! See you - today!!

     
  • At 6:49 PM , Blogger Jake and Janelle Snyder said...

    Yey! You posted! -Love the yoga-skiing. I've never seen or heard of ribbon seals before... so, woo-hoo--I learned something new from your blog!
    -J

     
  • At 5:59 AM , Blogger tiff said...

    as usual we love to see what you are up to...and yes we were getting tired of looking at the diomede post...even though that was a pretty cool experience.

    love the photo of the ribbon seal...just beautiful!

    and jealous you are out on ski's...we don't have enough snow to even call it snow...but really I am okay with that for now!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home