Always an Adventure

My attempt at keeping friends and family informed about my doings . . . boring or exciting, it will all be here!

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Thailand: Step 1

Thailand: Islands and Water

After Bangkok I traveled south to Ko Tao, a small island off the eastern coast. There I spent five days learning how to dive and am now a certified open water diver!! Craziness, seeing as I have a small fear of water. . . I guess I'm slowly getting over that one :)

The view from my bungalow- the diving classroom -







me in full gear, looks cool, huh?!

Our dive instructor-


I then moved down for two days to Ko Samui, another island, though much larger and busier. It sported the stereotypical sleezy strip of girly bars and the like, but also had beautiful beaches, and I even got to soar through the canopy of the mountain jungles on a cable course (basically, cables attached between trees at 75+ feet above the ground, then I was strapped to the cable and flew my way through the air! Great fun :)

After a day of travel, I have now landed myself in Phuket. Bangkok-like and busy with lots of

neon lit streets and bars with loud music. This is not the Thailand for me. I am hoping to find some more remote areas of the island to explore and enjoy. . .


Sunset on Patong Beach in Phuket

4 Comments:

  • At 10:31 AM , Blogger Karis said...

    Sweet ride. So will you be scuba diving in UNK? :) Can't wait to see the rest of your photos!! It looks absolutely lovely. See you!

     
  • At 12:55 AM , Blogger mamaofsugarpies said...

    Sounds like you had a great summer! Hope to hear from you while you are in FB:)

     
  • At 5:35 AM , Blogger tiff said...

    what a rugged woman you are...so cool to see all the pics...i look forward to when our paths cross and you can share all the pics.

    glad you are safe and sound in Alaska...wish we had a chance to meet up and hang out...maybe at the end of December????????

     
  • At 2:48 PM , Blogger Abbie said...

    Carrie!

    What a fantastic trip... a great way to spend summer for sure! Good luck with your new job.

    Stacie

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home