Always an Adventure

My attempt at keeping friends and family informed about my doings . . . boring or exciting, it will all be here!

Thursday, September 04, 2008

Savoonga, Gambell and Wales in the fall

Savoonga - Stacey and I and a one of the new teachers took a ride out to the mountains outside of town. It is all volcanic rock out there, and the views were amazing.






Gambell - rocks, lots of rocks. :)



Wales- beach and bones
I had the opportunity to visit and see a bit of Wales on my way through to Diomede. I am here waiting for the helicopter for the second day, and the school has been very welcoming of this unexpected visitor.









PS- the picture in the last post is looking down on the ocean as we left Shishmaref. A piece of land, and then varying depths in the ocean causing the color variations. . . it looked amazing from the air!

1 Comments:

  • At 4:04 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hey Carrie, looks like you've been busy! Awesome photos...brings back memories. And I loved the Thailand entries. So envious! Take care and show those new teachers all your tricks. Michelle

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home