Always an Adventure

My attempt at keeping friends and family informed about my doings . . . boring or exciting, it will all be here!

Sunday, January 28, 2007

Has spring sprung?!?!

It was an incredibly wonderful weekend here in Unalakleet! With temps in the high 20's and a warm wind blowing, I got out skiing both days and even felt the warmth of the sun on my face! I know it's WAY too early for spring, but boy does it feel good!! The skiing was fantastic (albeit the 15-20 mph head wind) on the newly groomed trails Christian and Nancy (new teachers) have created. . . what a treat! Who said I live in uncivilized territory- I've got groomed trails!


















Just in case you forgot what I look like :) And yes, the dogs usually pull me, but coming down the hill side, I decide to let them run free so I could stop and take pictures on the way down. They have little patience for me stopping and going :)



I also found some time to finish my curtains! what do you think?!? I think they would look perfect in a coffeeshop- but they make me smile and add plenty of color to the kitchen :) so I guess they are just right! :)

I'm headed to Savoonga (another school in our district) this week to help present on some math topics- I'm looking forward to seeing something new- I'm sure I'll have lots of pictures to share next weekend :) If you look on a map, Savoonga is on an island off the coast of Nome, called Saint Lawrence Island.

Hope you enjoyed your weekend!

2 Comments:

  • At 5:16 PM , Blogger tiff said...

    AWESOME...absolutely beautiful! The pictures are great...glad you got out for a couple of ski's...fun times!

    The curtains look awesome too!

    The boys' want your hat!

    hugs,
    tiff :)

     
  • At 9:48 AM , Blogger tiff said...

    Tag Your IT! Come check out our blog for the details.

    hugs to you.
    heart ya,
    tiff:)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home