Always an Adventure

My attempt at keeping friends and family informed about my doings . . . boring or exciting, it will all be here!

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

A week in Anchorage with kids. . . plus more. .

I had a great week with the seniors in Anchorage going to post secondary schools and getting a chance to get hang with them outside of school. We attended the college fair at the Egan Center, toured Job Corps in Palmer, walked the campus of UAA and learned about the Native Medical Center off of Tudor. Another group of students went down to Seward and Kenai to see AVTEC and the Alaska Christian College. It was a successful trip knowing that some of the kids that didn’t want to do anything after high school saw and decided to get some specialized training of some kind. What more could we have asked for from the trip?! On the way home, Doug, the district pilot, took us on a fantastic flight along the Iditarod trail back home.

It was a beautiful day, and flying low along the route made the Alaska Range mountains seem like they were within an arms reach!





Over the weekend, I helped (try to at least) ref the volleyball games (That's me in the background playing the down ref :) I really enjoy doing it! Almost as much as playing. . . I'd really like to do it more. . .



I got out with the dogs to enjoy the nice (but windy) weather too, the temps are definitely dropping, and there is enough snow for some people to have their machines out already! . . though not quite enough to ski yet :( But there is ice starting to form on the Sound, and on one of my walks down the beach with the dogs, I found a strange site. A seal’s head- but not a single other body part to be found near by. Doesn’t he look like he’s smiling at you?! :) I love the whiskers. . .


Well, I hope you enjoy the week- I will be headed to Philadelphia on Wednesday to attend a conference on differentiated instruction. I can’t wait! I’ll let you know how it went next weekend. . .

1 Comments:

  • At 9:23 PM , Blogger Carrie said...

    I know it all sounds great, but man am I tried :) I must be getting old ;) I'm ready to just stay home for a little bit. . . soon :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home