Always an Adventure

My attempt at keeping friends and family informed about my doings . . . boring or exciting, it will all be here!

Sunday, April 22, 2007

A fine weekend. . .

After a week of snow and depressing weather, we were lucky enough to have a fantastic weekend with glorious temps, and sun all day long! I got out with the dogs both days, and even did a little sunning myself on a log in the tundra. . . a fine way to spend an afternoon after biking. Sunday I got out and did TWO of the hill loops! Look at me go! The sun has me excited and ready for an active summer. . . four more Fridays!! (but who's counting!?!?! ;)

Here are some pictures from my wanderings on the tundra/floodplains this weekend. . .

The grasses are frozen in time, stuck between pools of ice and patches of frozen ground. . . they are patiently waiting for warmth and sun to start their short season of growth.


The amount of wood that the fall storms bring in from the ocean is amazing. There are no trees of this size growing anywhere in the vicinity of this region of the state. . .

Any idea's? I can't figure out what these pipes might be from. . . they are in the middle of the tundra and too close together to be dog posts. . . it's got me wondering. . .

Hope you all had a good weekend. . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home