Always an Adventure

My attempt at keeping friends and family informed about my doings . . . boring or exciting, it will all be here!

Saturday, June 09, 2007

End of the Year in Unalakleet

So, I guess I need to catch you up on things. . . the last month in Unalakleet included prom, traveling to White Mountain to be their graduation speaker, and CASC meetings.

PROM:
The kids did an amazing job this year with decorations and presentation. You couldn't even recognize the MPR!


















Josh was my date for Prom this year :) With Stacie out of town, he was the cutest bachelor in town :) Thanks for loaning him out Stacie :)



















WHITE MOUNTAIN:
I was honored by my first set of freshman to be asked back to be thier graduation speaker.
I flew over on the 17th of May, and participated in the great ceremony Andy put on.





















*an aerial view of White Mountain- ice is still covering the Fish River, but it went out a few days after I left
*The graduates!! All eight of them . . . from front to back: Elston, Alice, Andy, Sankey, Marjie, Hunter, Yorise and Chelsea.
*Sharing my thoughts with the kids. . . talking with my hands of course :)
*Andy Haviland, principal and friend, dressed up for the ceremony :)
I was lucky enough to also spend the night - I got to hang out and enjoy some BBQ and good friends, and was able to stay for the school picnic on Friday before returning to Unalakleet Friday afternoon.









*Fun with the fire truck. . .
*kids playing at the picnic which was held down at the beach
*Sheri and her daughter Chelsea (a graduate) and myself enjoying the sun at the picnic

After the school year finished up, I remained in UNK for an extra ten days- the first few were used to plan for the fall inservice I'm helping with, and the others were spent working on our math standards. There were ten of us working on improving and updating standards and we did a great job- if I do say so myself :) If you are at all interested in the work we did, you can find it on the wiki page linked to the MATH CASC group on our districts wiki page. (yeah, I know no one will look, but I wanted try adding a link to my entry :)

At the end of CASC I headed straight to Colorado for Dad's retirement party. . . that will be found in the next entry :)

1 Comments:

  • At 2:19 PM , Blogger Abbie said...

    Carrie,

    It has been too long! How is summer going for you? I loved the pictures of prom. Your date is HOT!! :)

    I also enjoyed your random images as they brought back many memories... making me feel happy and sad.

    Missing you lots.
    Love,
    Stacie

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home