Always an Adventure

My attempt at keeping friends and family informed about my doings . . . boring or exciting, it will all be here!

Thursday, June 21, 2007

My New Car!!

Within 25 hours of returning to Anchorage from Colorado, I had a new car! Thanks to Andy Haviland (my principal from White Mountain, and friend) I was able to get around town to see the vehicles and take them to mechanics to check over the vehicles. I decided on a 98 Kia Sportage and am very happy with my car. And don't worry- I lock it every night :) :)

I'm still waiting for my roof rack to come in, but that didn't stop me from taking out my kayak for the first time this season. . . the roof is a little taller than I was expecting, but it worked out okay, and will be a little easier once the rack is up on top. . . I can't wait!!
(*note the fancy rims. . . nice green, huh?! What were they thinking!!?!?)

A little view of the Chena River on my first float trip this summer. . . calm and quiet. . . (can you beleive this is right in town?!)
After doing the car shopping in ANC, I drove up to Fairbanks and had enjoyed a two-night stay at the Holt's compound on my way back. They have a yurt in Talkeetna and it was the first time I had gotten to see thier new home since they moved from UNK. If you'd like to see pictures of my visit, you can see them on their blog (June 8 and 9 entries). My visit included chatting, putting in a garden and enjoying good friends! Here are a few pics I took of the surrounding area. . . they live above a pond, and I ventured down to explore the area a bit one night. A very peaceful and beautiful place. Thanks for a great visit. . . looking forward to seeing you again soon!

Tiff and Heidi starting the morning off with coffee and a list of chores to do for the day.
Rick's brilliant method for scooping poop- a back saver for sure in a dog kennel of 13 dogs!

1 Comments:

  • At 11:24 AM , Blogger tiff said...

    I love your green rims...giggle:) The kayak looks nice on the top of your car!

    Thanks for making the effort to hang with us two nights...you make our place look so serene...well it actually is...hee:)

    Looking forward to your next visit!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home