Always an Adventure

My attempt at keeping friends and family informed about my doings . . . boring or exciting, it will all be here!

Sunday, June 24, 2007

Tangles Lakes. . . trip #1

I celebrated solstice with Andrea and friends downtown at the Solstice Festival, and got to hear The Legends of Rock rock the house :)











The next morning Andrea and I took a canoe down to Tangle Lakes for a two night stay. After getting a late start on Friday, we ended up getting down to the lakes around 9 p.m. Deciding it was too late to jump in the boat (and realizing neither one of us were in the mood to pack it up) we spent the night in the campground and started out Saturday morning. We got to use my new tent for the first time. . . a tight 2-man, but lightweight and perfect for me! It's a Sierra Design Clip Flashlight.

The Friday skies were filled with smoke from the Trapper Creek fires, and we were worried the weekend was going to bring more of the same. But Andrea assured me that it was going to burn off and we were going to have sunny skies the rest of the weekend.

And to my amazement, she was right! Saturday started off a little cloudy and smokey, but far clearer than Friday. By the early afternoon all signs of smoke was gone and we were hiking in sunshine and blue skies AND clouds of mosquitoes!! It turned out to be a great weekend, and we had a perfect dog to join us on the trip (Anaie- a dog Andrea was dog sitting).









It was a great trip, and I can't wait to get my kayak out on the waters next time! Thanks for the fun Andrea!

2 Comments:

  • At 11:28 AM , Blogger Haviland's said...

    awesome trip - how fun
    the weather looks super

     
  • At 11:25 PM , Blogger tiff said...

    Fantabulous!

    What fun to be out and about on great adventures with friends!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home