Always an Adventure

My attempt at keeping friends and family informed about my doings . . . boring or exciting, it will all be here!

Sunday, July 15, 2007

Valdez: a little bit of everything

After spending 6 days in the Wrangells I drove down to Valdez while I was in the neighborhood, and had the chance to hang out with my good friend Chuck for three days. Much to our surprise Chuck was able to get two days off in a row from the company he guides and captains a boat for while I was in town. We made good use of the time by kayaking the first day, biking the second day, and camping and hiking the last day- it was a great trip. It rained most of the kayaking trip, but it was still a good time floating among icebergs at Columbia glacier.












It let up for the rest of the trip, as we biked and camped in the Mineral Creek valley, and hiked along the Wagon trail in the Keystone Canyon. We even had some sunshine to hike by on the last day. It was great to see Chuck, and I had fun exploring more of the Valdez area.




More pics can be found on the album link in the sidebar. . .

2 Comments:

  • At 11:35 AM , Blogger CO gardener said...

    Wow and so beautiful--- it's great to see all the pics from your Valdez stop.

     
  • At 1:07 PM , Blogger Erin said...

    Looks like you are having a fantastic summer, Carrie. I love hearing about all of your adventures! Glad to see you enjoying life so much. Keep at it! :-)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home