Always an Adventure

My attempt at keeping friends and family informed about my doings . . . boring or exciting, it will all be here!

Monday, July 16, 2007

Weekend at the Henderson's

This weekend I hung out at the Henderson compound. I went through a shed of my old shit, not really knowing what I own anymore (and realizing I probably don't need any of it since I haven't seen it, let alone used it, in over four years). I got rid of some stuff, and a bunch of paper work that had no business being kept (some of it for over 7 years!). . . yup, I suffer from the pack rat syndrome. I also attached my bike rack to my car, and indulged in a hot bubble bath in Michelle's clawfoot bathtub. . . it was delightful. We also went for an afternoon float on the Chena.
We put in at Nordale and took out at Dennis Road, right near their house. It took about 2.5 hours- and the weather turned out to be loverly (we have been experiencing a lot of intermitten thunderstorms in the afternoons lately).









It was nice to relax and not go anywhere for a couple of days- but now I'm ready to go again!! For those of you who knew I was going to be biking up the haul road this summer, I had to make a hard decision and cancel it yet again this year :( My ankle is still not in top condition, and I fear hurting it further and doing irreparable damage to it. . . and there are a LOT of things I want to do where ankles are important. :) So I will be doing some physical therapy and trying to do preventative and some restorative exercises to help return it to its original condition. I am disappointed, but will be able to find more things to fill my time before heading back (a little less than three weeks away!!)

3 Comments:

  • At 11:33 AM , Blogger CO gardener said...

    Very nice and great fun---I'm jealous of your time with the Hendersons Sorry to hear that your bike trip is off but you'll probably so glad when you're all healed!!

     
  • At 9:45 PM , Blogger Haviland's said...

    i am sorry to hear of your ankle injury - but the road will be there next summer as well.
    you fill your time with such incredible activities.
    keep on keeping on carrie!!

     
  • At 10:56 PM , Blogger tiff said...

    need some ideas...come visit us... :)

    rick is back to work tomorrow... :(

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home