Always an Adventure

My attempt at keeping friends and family informed about my doings . . . boring or exciting, it will all be here!

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Summer has begun!!

As I sit in my parents house in Colorado, it is slowly beginning to sink in that summer has officially began. After school got done on Wednesday, I finished some house maintenance stuff (snow machine care, dog care etc.) and got on a plane Thursday morning. I was fortunate to have Elaine, my friend in ANC that came out to visit this spring, to pick me up at the airport. I didn't fly out of ANC until midnight, and being in town at 1:30 left me nearly a full day to fill. Being tired from my week, for the first hour in town I took a nap back at Elaine's house. I love naps :) After that we headed out in the beautiful afternoon sun to take a little hike through the woods- it was a great walk. We even got the chance to take off our shoes and walk through the spring overflow areas :) - a cool and refreshing pedicure, Alaskan style :) For the first time ever while on a trail, we came upon an unseen bear! It appeared to be a black bear, a few years old perhaps. Quiet a surprise! We back tracked and decided to return to the car via the road. Not always a nice place to walk, but not a few corners further did we run into two moose! What a trip for wildlife :) We ended the day with a trip to a Korean restaurant, Barnes and Noble and then the airport. It was a great way to spend the extra long layover in the city :) and a great way to start my summer off :)

3 Comments:

  • At 11:56 AM , Blogger mamaofsugarpies said...

    WOW, your parent's backyard if beautiful....what a paradise! Hope to see you in Fairbanks this summer. Look us up if you do:)

     
  • At 10:21 AM , Blogger tiff said...

    ...what a beautiful backyard...

    it was great to see you at the airport...of course we were wishing we had more time with you...and that you were hopping onto our Las Vegas plane...giggle;)

     
  • At 3:40 PM , Blogger Karis said...

    Glad you are enjoying your vacation! :) I'm looking forward to your Thailand blogs. ;)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home