Always an Adventure

My attempt at keeping friends and family informed about my doings . . . boring or exciting, it will all be here!

Monday, August 13, 2007

The first week back. . .

I must admit that the first week back was a tough one. I am missing family and friends, and not only did it rain for the first five days straight, I was also feeling uncomfortable in the facilitator position I was in for the workshop on Differentiated Instruction. It made for a tough week overall. Like always though, it worked itself out. The weather improved, I felt like I was making an impact in the workshop and was enjoying friends I haven't seen in a while (though still missing those in Fbks).
As for the rest of my time this week, when the sun finally came out, I took advantage of it by taking some new teachers out berry picking, went fishing on the Unalakleet River (pictures courtesy of Andy Haviland :)- thanks for sharing Andy) and got out on my bike again.










Over the weekend I picked some more berries and have nearly 4 gallons so far! I enjoyed a yummy fruit salad with fresh berries, cherries, mango and grapes. . . it might be the last one for a while :) I would like to get some more for jam, syrup, and the newest interest is donating some to John so he can make some blueberry beer!! yum!!

It was a full week, and the weekend was needed for some alone time and regrouping for the upcoming week. . . This week is our inservice and work week, and we start with kids next Tuesday. . . another year is here. . . crazy how fast it comes and goes!

1 Comments:

  • At 10:27 AM , Blogger tiff said...

    The blueberries look awesome...good for you getting out there and picking...and I am totally jealous of the going up river and fishing thing...I(WE) miss it so much!

    Go pick the rhubarb behind the Curriers house...if it is still there!

    Miss you like crazy!
    hugs,
    tiff:)
    p.s. I bet you did an awesome job as a facilitator(sp?).

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home