Always an Adventure

My attempt at keeping friends and family informed about my doings . . . boring or exciting, it will all be here!

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

On my way. . .

to Fairbanks for the Thanksgiving break. I have several hours in the airport, which means I have some time to update my blog, finally!! This week was fast and furious, and though I know I should be doing the grading I brought with me, I hear Deb saying, "Carrie, you shouldn't 'should' on yourself!" Well, okay. I guess :)

After this long weekend, we have four short weeks of school left. It is amazing to me how fast the time goes. It is never boring, that is for sure. This week I attended the music recital on Monday evening, and then helped fascilitate the senior presentations on Tuesday evening.
Here Karis is playing her violin in the community quartet Monday night.On Tuesday our seniors presented on their experiences during the ANC trip when they saw post-secondary career opportunities. It went over well for the most part, but there is always room for improvement :) For the last three years I have been lucky enough to go on the senior trip. Each year we have improved it, and made it more effective and useful regarding what the students gain from it, and what they come home with. I am very happy with how it has morphed into so much more than it was the first year.Our seniors that presented, also the group I spent 5 days with in Anchorage! A good group of kids!

Happy Thanksgiving!!
(***NOTE: I've added a slideshow of my birthday party pics on the right hand menu! enjoy!!)

2 Comments:

  • At 10:51 PM , Blogger Karis said...

    Great shot of that violinist... nice chin-age. Hope you really did have a fantastic holiday. I did think of you on Saturday. I thought: something is missing... jeez, it'd be cool if Carrie was here... Plus, it'd have been THAT much less I would have had to drink. ;) Glad you are back. :)

     
  • At 11:06 PM , Blogger tiff said...

    Fun times...

    I have tagged you with the number 8...come play. Check out our blog to find out the rules.

    hugs,
    tiff :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home