Always an Adventure

My attempt at keeping friends and family informed about my doings . . . boring or exciting, it will all be here!

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Wrestling Week

NEW PICTURES ADDED TO THIS POST!!

Last week the BSSD junior high and elementary wrestling and cheerleading tournament was held here at the UNK school. For the week, we have students from 13 other sites (wrestlers and cheerleaders) living and competing in the school, an increase in our village population of nearly 200 students and visitors. Our classrooms turn into hotel rooms in the evenings. Stebbins stayed in my room and class continues as usual despite the pile of bags and sleeping bags piled high in the back of the classroom! It makes for a crazy week, but we made it through without any problems. I got to see some great wrestling too- it's amazing to watch these little guys wrestle. . . they've really got some energy and gumption!

Here the Stebbins group takes over my room as they work on their own homework! As they said, "Academics comes befor sports!" Impressive don't you think?!










Friday night we helped Conrad celebrate his own 30th birthday party. It was a fun time, with lots of good food - enchiladea's and lots of mexican treats! Happy birthday Conrad!


(girls in the kitchen, and boys in the livingroom. . . Jason! What are you doing?!?!)

This weekend I made it out for the first ski of the season! It snowed most of the day on Friday, and I took advantage of it on Saturday. I skijoured down the main road with the dogs, and had to walk out the rest of the way to get to the tundra. I found some lovely ponds- covered in a couple inches of snow and untouched by any other being. I skiied in circles and my dogs followed me in circles :) it was hillarious!

I also had some people over on Saturday to make some cards with my stamps- and for a birthday treat Karis joined in and made an amazing Kahlua Chocolate Cake! It was divine!! A sinful treat that I had to share with everyone so it didn't end up on my hips alone!

I am working on putting my birthday photos on a photo album link on the blog. . . I'll let you know when that happens :)

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home