Always an Adventure

My attempt at keeping friends and family informed about my doings . . . boring or exciting, it will all be here!

Saturday, September 08, 2007

Anyone for a float?

Kim has an inflatable kayak (small raft) that I borrowed one fine afternoon and took for a float down the river- I got in the water at the bridge and it took about 3 hours to get back to town. It was a beautiful evening for it :)

(here is Kim and the raft I used)

I floated by a young eagle sitting on the river's edge.


Unlike floating down the Chena River in Fairbanks, here you deal with a stench of dead salmon! The muluchuks are everywhere!

1 Comments:

  • At 10:15 AM , Blogger tiff said...

    this looks glorious...it must be so grand to float down the unalalkleet river at a nice slow pace!


    love the dead fish...giggle :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home