Always an Adventure

My attempt at keeping friends and family informed about my doings . . . boring or exciting, it will all be here!

Saturday, September 08, 2007

Can you tell school has started?!?!

Okay, so it's been a while, I guess that is a good sign that school has started :)
I'll work my way backwards :). . .

We've been in school for 3 weeks. During the first week of school the high school kids were in charge of planning and implementing their leadership retreat. We have done a leadership retreat with the high school the last two years.
For the first time planning such an event, they did a great job! Activities, food, transportation and scheduling - the weather was great, and the camp we use up river, is an ideal place for large group outtings. With a central lodge, and multiple small cabins for sleeping, and a large beach for activities, it's a great spot for these kind of group gatherings. Here are a few pics of the fun. . .








After the first week, the real work began. . . with block scheduling, and new electives to teach (PE/health and a digital yearbook class) I've been having to work hard to find a new flow to make the busy schedule work. The number of preps may exceed any of my previous years out here, and though I'm used to it, it is a challenge to juggle it all and do it well. I'm worried that the students will suffer in the classroom because of it, but I'm hoping I can manage it effectively. Only time will tell :) . . .

As for the social aspect, there have been many social gatherings- laughing, drinking and good times :) I've picked blueberries and highbush cranberries (with Jasmine) and have been waiting for a good weekend to turn them into something yummy :)

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home